DC at Present
The Daly College (DC), being one of the oldest co-educational boarding schools in the world, has been consistently ranked as one of the top schools in India. In the latest rankings (2014) by the prestigious Education World publication, DC has been ranked as the number 1 Residential-cum-Day Boarding school in India. Also, DC has been ranked No. 1 in Sports, Infrastructure, & Internationalism fields.
- Excellent IGCSE results with one national subject topper
- 15 CBSE Class X students awarded with Merit Certificates
- CBSE Class XII average 84% with 7 students awarded with CBSE Merit Certificates
- The Daly College was placed 1st in 16 out of a total of 42 events at the IPSC all India Cultural Festival, with 780 students participating from 23 schools
- Firsts were obtained in Indian Orchestra, Western Orchestra, Classical Vocal Solo, Classical Solo Dance, English Skit, Choreography, etc.
- 174 boys and girls were selected in various games to play in the Nationals
- DC is currently IPSC All India Champions in U-17 boys cricket; U-17 girls football; U-14 girls hockey; U-14, U-17 and U-19 boys squash; U-17 & U-19 boys shooting; and U-14 & U-19 girls shooting
- On exchanges, MUN, etc. 65 children and 10 staff have gone overseas (16 countries) and 47 have come to DC from 11 countries
- DC hosted the G-20 Heads Conference which included Heads from Eton, Wellington, Marlborough, Stowe, Philips, Exeter, Buckingham Browne & Nichols, King's, Raffles, and Geelong
- Among the projects conceived funded and executed by DC: 8 twin toilets in 8 Government & NGO schools; double-storeyed community centre in Sanawadia Tribal Hamlet; the 6th Daly-Ermitage-Choithram-Friends of Round Square Eye Camp which resulted in 275 cataract operations and 5363 free spectacles (taking the overall total to 21,461)
- Work with and in homes for visually-handicapped, hearing-impaired Weavers of Maheshwar; Establishment of Resource Centre for students and teachers of Indore Service Camps attended in India, Romania, and Jordan; etc.
- Special Education Department, Career Counselling and Student Counsellor
- The school now has a Green Centre with a single-storeyed building called “Bargad”, which has library, heritage seed centre, laboratory, interactive exhibition area, etc. and area for rooftop gardening. As far as possible, only local or recycled building material has been used for construction. There is an enclosed ‘kund’ for storing rain water in the courtyard. The ‘kund’ has steps running down to it, shaped like an amphitheatre, which may be used as a sitting area. Besides Bargad, the surrounding area will be used for organic farming, vermi-composting, paper-recycling plant, mushroom farming, solar and wind hybrid energy generating unit, etc.